We are here to offer hope
Due to the present day culture, families are very different than generations past and face new challenges created by social media and the like. Being a part of a thriving family can be amazingly gratifying and enriching. At other times, belonging to a family can create tension, frustration and even fear, especially in prolonged seasons of turmoil.
It is common for stress within families to evoke negative responses, however, you may need some assistance from time to time. Families seek the support of counseling for many reasons. Most come wishing to resolve chronic tensions that have developed over time. Sometimes these tensions are fueled by change and loss, and at other times, are the result of long-standing conflicting or competing family dynamics. We understand how disturbing these kinds of hardships can be, even among families that love each other deeply.
Aligning with our core belief system, we are committed to providing a compassionate, in-touch and personal approach in our counseling methods. We have extensive experience working with families in various settings, including schools and private sessions.
Our approach is very practical and straight forward. By using ‘hands on’ and interactive methods, we engage clients in the counseling process. ‘Homework’ assignments are given after each session to enhance healing and learning.
Families often seek counseling for:
- A history of abuse
- Addiction or problematic drug and alcohol use
- Care of children with special needs, aging parents or an ill family member
- A child’s transition to adolescence or young adulthood
- Changes in family structure
- Conflicts between siblings or parents
- Conflicts in discipline techniques
- Custody issues
- Difficulties with anger and emotional regulation
- Difficulties with school or extra-curricular activities
- Difficulties with step and co-parenting or creating a blended family
- Grief and loss
- Lack of attachment or bonding
- Separation and loss
- Setting healthy family boundaries
- Single-parent challenges
- Stressful transitions
- The need to develop better coping and problem-solving skills
- Adjustments to change related to losses, separation, adoption, marriage, remarriage, separation, divorce, relocation, financial or employment stresses
We are only a phone call away … Cornerstone Counseling Inc. offers Video calls, Skype or WhatsApp (whatever works for you) and flexible hours. Remember there is always HOPE!